Harvest Array is proud to offer Paul Family Farms Pennsylvania Maple Syrups in two flavors.
- Paul Family Farms Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup
- Cinnamon Maple Syrup
The Paul Family has been farming in central Pennsylvania PA for 153 years. Today, the 4th-6th generations focus on making "Small Batch Wood-Fired PA Maple Syrup."
Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup
- Not only great on pancakes and waffles but try it in an evening cocktail or as a glaze when baking ham or pork chops. Next time you are preparing dinner, pour a little on your hamburger.
Is there alcohol in the Bourbon Syrup?
- There is no alcohol in the syrup. They simply aged the syrup in used bourbon barrels. They take the used bourbon barrels and fill them with boiling water.
After the water is drained, they take the syrup to 185 degrees and fill the barrel. After the syrup is aged for about 8 weeks, the barrels are drained, and they take the syrup back up to 185 degrees, filter, and bottle.
Cinnamon Maple Syrup
- The maple sap is boiled over cinnamon sticks, so the syrup becomes infused with delicious, rich cinnamon.
- A great natural sweetener
- It's like French toast in a bottle. Not only is this a pancake syrup, but also is excellent on French toast, ice cream, apple pie, and monkey bread. Add it to your glazed carrot recipe or pour some on your loaded sweet potatoes for next week's Sunday Supper.
Features of Paul Family Farms Maple Syrups
Our Paul Family Farms Maple Syrups are shipped in a clear, half pint glass jars. Therefore, each jar is individually packaged to ensure safe delivery to you.
- Half Pint jars each sealed for your protection
The Pure Maple Syrups are shelf stable if never opened. Once you open the bottle, store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Free Shipping on orders over $50.00 of Items in our Food and Market Section and most other categories on Harvest Array delivered within the USA. (Excludes Alaska and Hawaii)
- Made in America
Nutritional facts for maple syrups per 1/3 cup
- Calories - 273
- Sodium - 2 mg
- Potassium - 6 % of RDI
- Sugar - 71 g
- Calcium - 7% of RDI
- Iron - 7% of RDI
- ZInc - 28% of RDI
- Manganese - 165% of RDI
- 24 Antioxidants
Pure Maple Syrup Production in Pennsylvania
The maple producing season for Pennsylvania normally begins in the middle of February and depending on the weather conditions, runs for 4 to 8 weeks. When they have sunny days with temperatures above 40 degrees and nights with temperatures around 20 degrees the sap flows the best. The syrup season is over when the trees start budding and spring arrives with the warm nights.
The state of Pennsylvania ranks 5th in the United States with about 139,000 gallons per year from about 660,000 taps. The best species of tree for syrup production in Pennsylvania is the sugar maple tree. Other types of trees may be tapped, according to the Penn State Extension. The sugar content of the sap of the Red, Silver and Norway maple trees is not as high and thus requires more sap to produce the syrup.
The amount of sap needed to make a gallon of syrup varies with the concentration of sugar in the sap. Sap sugar content varies from tree to tree, It will typically take around 43 gallons of sap, with a 2 percent sugar content, to produce one gallon of the syrup.
We offer free shipping on orders over $50.00, for product categories that have the description "Free Shipping on orders over $50.00"
The $50.00 threshold does not include any items already included in free shipping regardless of the amount spent. Includes orders delivered in the USA but excludes Alaska and Hawaii.
For our products that say “In stock, ready to ship”, we will be shipping those items to you in 1-3 business days from the date you placed the order, sent to the address you have chosen. The estimated delivery date is based the type of product you have ordered and time for the product to be shipped by the carrier.