American Flag Fruit Kabobs
These patriotic, festive, and healthy fruit kabobs will surely be a hit at your 4th of July picnic or any summer party! They are so easy to assemble and great for the kids to help put together!
- 1 – 2 lbs. strawberries, sliced
- 4 – 5 bananas, cut into 1″ slices (soaked in lemon juice)
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- 10 wooden skewers, 12″
- Note – list of red, white, and blue ingredient substitution options provided below*
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and slice large strawberries in half; small berries can be left whole.
- Cut the bananas into 1″ slices.
- Dip banana slices into lemon juice to prevent browning.
- On the first 5 skewers, with the pointed end, spear 10 blueberries through the middle, in a row.
- After you have speared 10 blueberries add a banana slice, a strawberry, another banana slice, and then end with another strawberry. It looks best if the strawberries all point the same way. Repeat this pattern on 4 more skewers.
- On the remaining 5 skewers, pierce 1 strawberry, followed by 1 banana slice, followed by 1 strawberry, repeating this pattern until you have used 5 strawberries and 4 bananas.
- Repeat the strawberry/banana pattern on the remaining 4 skewers.
- Arrange the skewers on a serving tray or cookie sheet to make the patriotic flag design.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until you are ready to serve Flag Fruit Kabob!
Easy to make using our line of Rada kitchen utensils.
*Don’t worry if you are missing one of the red, white, or blue ingredients listed for the flag fruit kabob recipe, these substitutions will work also:
- red raspberries
- red seedless grapes
- pitted cherries
- apples with the peeling removed and cut into squares (make sure to dip in lemon juice to prevent browning)
- pound cake or angel food cake, cut into squares
- black seedless grapes