Tired of the same old Pasta Salad you have been making every summer, year after year, picnic after picnic? Here is your chance to use up some of your own fresh canned pickles everyone raves about or some of or pickles available in the Food and Market section of Harvest Array. Dill Pickle Lovers have to try this!
Perfect for end of summer picnics like Labor Day parties. So quick and easy, it also makes a delicious side to busy weeknight dinners like hamburgers or pulled pork sandwiches.
Images and recipe courtesy of allthingsmamma.com.
Prep time 10 minutes
- 1 pound dry rotini pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup pickle juice
- ¼ cup fresh dill chopped
- 2 cups dill pickles chopped
- ⅔ cups cubed cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Once the pasta is al dente, drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside. You can substitute a different type of pasta. Try elbow macaroni or bowtie pasta.
- Combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice, and dill and whisk to combine to make the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooled pasta to the dressing and stir to coat. Fold in the pickles and cheese.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy.