Harvest Array is proud to be the premier retailer for The Dutch Kettle. Our loyal customers have made many items from The Dutch Kettle our best sellers week after week, month after month. This recipe contains one of our top sellers, The Dutch Kettle Amish Homemade Style Seedless Blackberry Jam, made with all natural ingredients, straight off the farm at The Dutch Kettle in North Carolina.
These Shortbread Bars have a smooth layer of Seedless Blackberry Jam in between layers of buttery short bread. Not only are these bars delectable, but they are also quick and easy to make. Enjoy!
Images and recipe courtesy of recipegirl.com
- 1½ cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- *3/4 cup almond flour (or very finely ground almonds)
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups seedless blackberry jam
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray 9x13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
PREPARE THE SHORTBREAD
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine butter and sugars; beat until creamy. Add vanilla and salt and beat until well combined. Beat the almond flour and the all-purpose flour into the butter mixture on low speed, just until a smooth dough forms. Divide the dough in half. Wrap one half in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or so. Press the other half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan to form the bottom crust. Bake the crust until it is just beginning to turn light brown around the edges, about 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven.
ADD THE FILLING & TOPPING:
Place jam into a bowl and stir very well until it is nice and smooth. Spread the jam evenly over the partially baked crust. Crumble the refrigerated shortbread dough over the jam to form a crumbled topping. Return the pan to the oven and continue baking until the topping is firm and crisp and golden in color, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar before cutting into bars.
- Almond flour is sold in a bag (Bob's Red Mill brand if your store carries it).
- *You can make these NUT FREE by using a total of 3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour and NO almond flour. Add in 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar to the shortbread dough and the other ingredients as instructed.
- The Dutch Kettle Homemade Style Seedless Blackberry Jam- 19-ounce Jar- is the perfect Jam for this recipe.
- Substitute Seedless Red Raspberry, Seedless Black Raspberry, or Apricot Jam from the Dutch Kettle if you want to change up the flavors.
- You can also substitute any of our Dutch Kettle Jams with seeds in this recipe. If you want to cut down on the sugar, try our No Sugar Added Seedless Jam!
- The bars will keep in a covered container at room temperature for about one week. Or keep in the freezer for up to one month.
- Great for holiday cookie trays, potluck dinners, game night desserts, after school snack, or whenever you are craving a delicious, sweet treat.
Serving: 1bar, Calories: 227kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 24mg, Sodium: 146mg, Potassium: 35mg, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 285IU, Vitamin C: 1.5mg, Calcium: 18mg, Iron: 0.8mg