Air Fryer Fried Pickles Recipe
Enjoy a restaurant favorite at home with these Air Fryer, Fried Pickles. A great game day, picnic, or anytime snack that is easy to make and quick to "fry". We love to use the air fryer so we don't use all that excess oil and calories. These fried pickles come out crispy and delicious. Dip them in your favorite sauces, too!
- 2 Eggs
- 6 tablespoons *cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (regular or panko)
- 2 cups pickle chips, dill or bread and butter
- Olive oil for spraying air fryer basket (makes for a crispier fried pickle)
*If you don't have cornstarch on hand, you can substitute the same amount of flour. Cornstarch works better to keep the pickle juices inside the breading and makes the coating more crispy, but both options work.
- Set up a dredge station by whisking the eggs in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, and pepper. Pour the bread crumbs into another medium bowl or onto a small plate.
- Pat the pickle chips as dry as possible using paper towels.
- Coat the pickle chips by dipping them into the seasoned cornstarch, then into the eggs, and finally into the bread crumbs until completely coated. Place onto a plate and repeat with remaining pickles.
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with olive oil (or other neutral oil)
- Arrange the pickle chips in a single layer in the basket, making sure they aren't touching. (Touching parts won't crisp up as nicely.) You may need to work in batches depending on the size of the basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. (Depending on your air fryer model, you may want to flip the pickle chips over halfway through cooking.)
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce such as, Ranch Dressing.