Spend little time heating up the kitchen and more time using up some leftovers for a perfect supper on a hot summer evening.
This Caesar BLT Chicken Flatbread is great for any easy supper on a hot summer day.
Use up the bacon from breakfast, leftover rotisserie chicken from last night's dinner, the Caesar salad kit that has been in the fridge for a few days, a tomato from your garden, and maybe make a quick trip to the store if you don't have fresh basil pesto and flatbread. Just follow the recipe and you'll have a yummy summer meal that even the fussiest teenager will enjoy. My 15-year-old loved it so much, they had seconds and thirds!
Photo and recipe courtesy of publix.com/recipe/
This recipe makes 4 servings
20 minutes total
Ingredients for the chicken Caesar flatbread
- 6 slices uncured bacon
- 1 Deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 (15-oz) package of 2 flatbread pizza crusts
- 8 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 (10-oz) package Caesar dressing salad kit
- 8 oz. diced tomatoes (1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook bacon, your preferred way, until crispy; let stand to cool. Shred chicken (about 3 cups). Chop bacon.
- Place flatbreads on baking sheet. Spread 4 tablespoons basil pesto on each flatbread; top with 1 ½ cups chicken, then sprinkle with bacon. Bake 8–10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Remove croutons from salad kit, crush into coarse crumbs. Chop romaine lettuce and place in medium bowl. Add croutons, remaining salad kit ingredients, and tomatoes to bowl; toss to coat. Top flatbreads with salad mixture; slice and serve.
- Bake flatbreads on oven rack for a crispier crust.
- While flatbreads are in the oven, make the salad as directed so it's ready to be placed on top when the flatbread comes out of the oven. (There's something about the warm Caesar salad that really makes this so yummy!)
- Enjoy any night of the week and any time of year.