As summer winds down and kids will soon be heading back to school, slow down and reminisce about sitting on the porch with neighborhood friends after riding bikes or playing freeze tag on a hot summer day, enjoying a Drumstick that mom handed out to everyone. The chocolate and peanutty taste will bring you right back. These easy to make Copy Cat Drumstick Bars will be the talk of the Labor Day picnic or pot luck dinner and guests will be asking for seconds and the recipe!
Copy Cat Drumstick Bars Recipe:
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup crushed salted peanuts
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups whipped topping
- 2 small pkgs. instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 large chocolate bar
FIRST LAYER: Mix crushed vanilla wafers, melted butter and 2/3 cup of the crushed peanuts. Put in a 9 x 13" pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
SECOND LAYER: Mix cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread over first layer.
- Take out of refrigerator, cut into squares, and Serve immediately, Enjoy!