This simple, 4 ingredient, recipe for Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting is a perfect topping for our moist and delicious Hummingbird Cake Mix.
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 (16-oz.) packages powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Increase speed to medium-high, and beat until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slather between 2 layers, the sides, and top of a Hummingbird Cake.
- Lick the beaters!