Feeling nostalgic for a 1950s treat while hanging out with friends reminiscing about the good old days? These Chocolate Ice Cream Sodas will make you want to pull out the old Elvis records and have a dance party.
Makes four 16 oz. glass servings
- ¾ cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups carbonated water, such as club soda, chilled.
- 8 scoops chocolate ice cream (2 scoops per glass)
- Whipped cream in a can (optional)
Place 3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup in each of four 16-oz. glasses. Add 1/4 cup milk and 1 cup carbonated water to each; stir until foamy. Add two scoops of ice cream to each glass. Top with whipped cream if desired.
1 each: 476 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (70g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
- Try this with strawberry syrup and strawberry ice cream during strawberry season and garnish the top with a fresh strawberry. Substitute your favorite lemon-lime soda for club soda.
- Have a 1950s-themed game night with friends and serve chili cheese dogs, fries, and these yummy Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Sodas. Play Monopoly, Clue, or Dominoes and listen to doo-wop music.