Our wedding soup contains tiny meatballs that we make with our whole grains seasoning mix and ground turkey. The combination of Italian spices, veggies, and pasta makes this beloved soup a delight for weddings or everyday meals.
Cooking time is approximately 1 hour
Cooking directions for the Meatballs
- To easily form the meatballs, keep a bowl of cold water nearby and dip fingers between rolling meatballs.
- Push the turkey sausage out of the casings into a mixing bowl. Discard the casings.
- Add the contents of the smaller packet of breadcrumb mixture and egg to the bowl with the turkey. Combine mixture well.
- Form small meatballs by hand, about 60. Set them aside in the refrigerator, or freezer, until you are ready to add to the soup.
Cooking directions for the Soup
- In a 6 quart pot, heat oil over medium low heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes, then add the contents of the larger vegetable seasoning packet. (If omitting onion, add the contents of the larger vegetable seasoning packet to the oil, stir for 30 seconds.)
- Add the broth, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the meatballs, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Uncover, bring the soup to a boil. Stir in the tiny pasta and escarole (or spinach).
- Return to a simmer, cover, and cook 10-15 minutes. If soup is too thick, add 1-3 cups of water, as needed.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread for a fine family dinner.
- Makes about 13 servings
Additional items need to make this soup
- 1 tbsp. of Olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion (optional)
- 1 pound of turkey Italian sausage, about 4-5 links
- 2 egg whites, or 1 egg, beaten
- 10 cups of chicken broth
- 4 cups of Escarole, or 1 head, chopped (may substitute 1 box of frozen spinach)
- Optional: shredded parmesan cheese
Ingredients in the soup mix
- Acini Di Pepe Pasta (Semolina, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Panko (Unbleached Wheat Flour, Organic Cane Sugar, Yeast, Sea Salt), Onion, Carrot, Celery, Parsley, Garlic, Peppercorn (Black, Green, White), Allspice, Oregano, Bay Leaf, Rosemary, Nutmeg.
- No Added Salt or Artificial Ingredients are in this great tasting soup
- Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegan Friendly
- Made from ingredients you know.
- 9 ounce bag
- Total preparation time is 30 minutes
- Allergy Alert
- This product contains wheat
- Made in a Nut Free Facility
Made in America.
Free Shipping on orders over $50.00 of Items in our Food and Market Section and most other categories on harvestarray.com. Delivery must occur within the USA. (Excludes Alaska and Hawaii)
The Anderson House Family grew up believing the kitchen is the heart of their home and to this day, all of our recipes start in the same family kitchen. In 1983, our mom Trisha, set up a table at a local holiday market and unknowingly created Frontier Soups, what has now become a second-generation family endeavor. With a share passion for deliciousness, clean ingredients, and at-home family meals, we are your shortcut to homemade. So, gather around your kitchen table and enjoy.
We offer free shipping on orders over $50.00, for product categories that have the description "Free Shipping on orders over $50.00"
The $50.00 threshold does not include any items already included in free shipping regardless of the amount spent. Includes orders delivered in the USA but excludes Alaska and Hawaii.
For our products that say “In stock, ready to ship”, we will be shipping those items to you in 1-3 business days from the date you placed the order, sent to the address you have chosen. The estimated delivery date is based the type of product you have ordered and time for the product to be shipped by the carrier.